Everyone loves a fun facts, so we’ve rounded ten facts that will have you questioning some of the food’s you eat on a daily basis.
- Ripe cranberries will bounce like rubber balls.
- About 70% of olive oil being sold is not actually pure olive oil.
- The most expensive pizza in the world costs £9234 and takes 72 hours to make.
- Apples belong to the rose family, as do pears and plums.
- If you’re squeamish, maybe skip this fact.
Castoreum, which is used as a substitute vanilla flavoring, is actually taken from the anal glands of beavers. Yep.
They use it in combination with urine to scent mark their territory.
- Ketchup was sold in the 1830’s as medicine.
- Every time you lick a stamp, you consume 1/10 of a calorie.
- If you boil beetroot in water, and then massage the water into your scalp each night, it works as an effective cure for dandruff.
- Ortharexia Nervosa is an eating disorder where the sufferer is obsessed with eating healthy food.
- Fruit flavored snacks are made with the same wax found in car wax
Feel free to like and comment.