A few months ago I noticed blemishes and dark spots around my face and I have been on a mission to get rid of them. I did a lot of research and read reviews for nearly a week (yes,yes it’s that serious) to find affordable products to help. I came across this tea tree oil range from the bodyshop and went ahead and purchased it. The packaging alone made these products look like it could really change my life. It’s all green and black, the label even states that it’s for blemishes. It even smells like medicine so I thought “yea this is it, my skin is about to be blemish free and popping this summer!”
I have been using this for a week now so I am going to give a quick review and some advantages/disadvantages for this range. Grab a cuppa tea (see what I did there? Tea tree review?) and Let’s get into it!
The products I tried are:
- 1 x Foaming cleanser
- 1 x Matifying toner
- 1 x Matifying lotion
- 1 x 3 in 1 Face scrub
- 1 x Night lotion
My favourite product from the range is the face scrub. I applied it on my face and left it on for 10 minutes then washed it off using a hand towel to really get in there. My skin felt soft after. I prefer using it with the night cream instead of the Matifying cream as it was quite drying.
- Price: This whole range is really affordable. I got the whole set for under £30 which is very good value.
- Ingredients : it’s all made from natural ingredients so you don’t need to worry about all the chemicals with names we can’t even pronounce.
- Packaging: the face wash comes in a foam bottle so it comes out as a mousse. This makes it super easy to apply it over your face.
- Over night cream: this cream made my face feel super soft and hydrated
- Smell: these products smell really alcoholic and there is no added perfume to soften it for you
- Feel: I washed my twice each time with the face wash and felt zero difference to my skin.
- Toner: this toner stings so bad! It’s like having a cut on your finger and chopping onions. Can you image the pain? Yes, that’s what it felt like.
- Drying: My skin felt really tight and dry after using the toner.
Overall I did not see a difference to my blemishes however I only used it for a week. I would recommend this product to someone with acne and oily skin as it can really clean and clear your skin. If you have dry and sensitive skin, please stay away and try a different range from the brand as it is quite drying.
Overall score: 6/10